Party Player (chk.chk.partyplay): Throwing a party?Party Player puts nearly any song at your guests fingertips by allowing your phone to receive and AUTOMATICALLY play songs on your ... Read More > or Download Now >
Party Player for Android
You can now download the latest version apk file and install it.
More About Party Player App
Party Player Description: Throwing a party?
Party Player puts nearly any song at your guests fingertips by allowing your phone to receive and AUTOMATICALLY play songs on your phone or YouTube videos through text messages. Simply enable requests, and tell everybody at your event to text the command play name of song or youtube name of song to your phone. Party Player will automatically stop any currently playing music and search for and play the song request through either the music on the phone or by searching and automatically playing a YouTube video. If there are multiple requests, they will be placed in a song queue and wait their turn to be played. When all song/video requests finish, the previously playing music will be continued. If you want to block certain people from requesting songs, you can do so by going to Menu->Contact Permissions. Please don't forget to rate the app if you liked it. I am only one guy, and I make these apps in my free time. I really do appreciate the feedback!
A guest at your party can't find the song they want to hear, so they pause your currently playing music and stream a song on YouTube. When the song is done, what do you get? Silence......Now YOU have to go to your phone, exit the YouTube app, and play a new song. With Party Player, the guest can just search for their YouTube request inside the app, in a widget, or through a text message. Any currently playing music will be paused, and the YouTube request is automatically found and played. When the request is finished, the previously playing music will be resumed. It is seamless!
*Rating my app would make my cat Fred Weasley very happy!
*If the app doesn't work with your default music player, you may need to disable it and download a different one from the app store.
*You can test this app by texting yourself "play name of song" or "youtube name of song".
*YouTube music video requests can also be added inside of the app or through a widget on your home screen.
*Guests do NOT need to download any apps to request songs. If they can text, they can request.
*Upgrading to Premium gives you unlimited requests.
*Some Youtube videos cannot be played due to the uploader not allowing viewers on mobile devices.
Setting Up Party Player
1. Open the app.
2. Check the box marked "Accept Requests".
3. A window will pop up. Check "songs on phone" and "songs on youtube" to receive both types of requests.
4. The Party Player icon will pop up signifying that requests are enabled.
5. Have a guest text you the phrase "youtube wrecking ball" or "play wrecking ball" without the quotes.
6. The youtube video request "Miley Cyrus - Wrecking Ball " or a version of Wrecking Ball stored on the phone will automatically pause any currently playing music and start playing. When the video/song completes, the previously playing music will be resumed.
*Sometimes guests will receive a message asking them to confirm their YouTube selection.
- This is needed to read through the SMS Message to find the song request.
- If the request is found on the phone, an SMS will be sent back to let them know that it will be played.
- If the request is not found, an SMS will be sent back to let them know that it did not find a song.
-If the request finds multiple songs matching the request, an SMS will be sent back asking them to choose one.
-Needed to enable or disable certain contacts from requesting songs. We all have a friend with poor taste in music.
-Needed to pause/continue previous songs.
-Needed to read the music on the external storage device(the SD card).
-Needs to be disabled so that the YouTube video can be played even if the phone is locked.
What's New in Party Player 2 >
The app now works perfect with Spotify.
Material design changes.