Samba Filesharing for Android
You can now download the latest version apk file and install it.
More About Samba Filesharing App
Samba Filesharing Description: Access your Android device over wifi as a Windows shared folder.
* Samba Filesharing server for Android [ Recently updated for JellyBean probs ].
* Your Android device becomes visible to other Windows (& SMB compatible) computers on your network.
* The 'external' storage in your Android device is accessible as a network shared folder.
* Copy files and folders to and from your Android device using drag and drop.
* Customisable username, password, Windows workgroup name, and device network (NETBIOS) name.
* Your Android device must already be rooted and a SuperUser app installed.
* On the first run, make sure you catch the SuperUser Auth request to allow the Samba Filesharing app root access.
* If an update from an earlier version fails, try a full uninstall (either from the application manager of your Android device, or the file sharing app 'Menu -> Settings -> Uninstall' option), then re-install from Android Market.
* If you experience problems accessing your device, be sure to try all three methods: Network browser, specifying \name, & also \ipaddress.
* You may see 'com.funkyfresh.samba' remain in the Android process list even though you have disabled it from auto-starting. This is normal - whenever the WIFI interface transitions up/down the app needs to run temporarily to check its settings as to whether it should start/stop the filesharing server, after that, its done. Android will kill the inactive process if your device is running low on memory, otherwise the process remains inactive in memory for faster loading next time you launch it.
* Pérsio Menezes: Thanks for the new logo!
SAMBA - Opening Windows to a wider world http://www.samba.org/
See 'Menu -> Settings -> About' in the app for a pointer to information about Samba GNU Licensing & Source code changes.
What's New in Samba Filesharing 140525 >
Code improvements for crashes under Android JellyBean
Bugfix for incorrect User Interface status Enabled / Not running when file-sharing was infact running
Show IPv4 addresses correctly
Wifi Whitelist lets you limit which Wifi Access Points filesharing will start on.
Better JCIFS client compatibility
Improved wifi tether / hotspot operation.
Pressing ‘samba’ logo toggles between Enabled / Disabled mode.
Bug fixes: shell & SU access.