Live Transcribe & Notification (com.google.audio.hearing.visualization.accessibility.scribe): Real-time transcriptions of your conversations and sound event notifications ... Read More > or Download Now >
Live Transcribe & Notification for Android
More About Live Transcribe & Notification App
Live Transcribe & Notification Description: Live Transcribe is a new accessibility service built by Google for the deaf and hard of hearing. Using Google's state-of-the-art automatic speech recognition technology, Live Transcribe performs real-time transcription of speech to text on your screen, so you can participate in conversations going on in the world around you. You can also keep the conversation going by typing your response on the screen.
We are doing a staged, limited release of this app, which we will gradually increase over time. Learn more at www.android.com/accessibility/live-transcribe.
• Supports transcription in over 70 languages and dialects
• Bilingual support with quick switch between two languages
• Our transcript is as good as the audio we receive from the microphone. That’s why Live Transcribe supports external microphones found in wired headsets, Bluetooth headsets, and USB mics.
• Loudness and noise indicator shows the volume level of the speaker’s voice relative to the noise of the environment
• Reply without speaking by typing your responses within the app
• Optional haptic feedback signals you when somebody starts or resumes speaking
• Available on Android 5.0 (Lollipop) and later
• Private - Conversation transcripts stay secure on your device
To enable Live Transcribe, go to your phone Settings > Accessibility > Live Transcribe.
Live Transcribe was made in collaboration with Gallaudet University, the premier deaf and hard of hearing university in the US.
Microphone: Live Transcribe needs microphone access to transcribe the speech around you. The audio is not stored after the transcript is processed.
What's New in Live Transcribe & Notification 6.0.473258425 >
• Transcribe offline in English, Japanese, German, Italian, Spanish and French. More to come.