DeDuplicate for Android
More About DeDuplicate App
DeDuplicate Description: If you store many files on the cloud -- for example using the backup feature of the OneDrive app to save your WhatsApp media contents automatically -- it's very easy to flood your cloud space with the same pictures or videos in multiple copies! (You know those silly/cute/disgusting videos that people forward over and over?)
This app scans your cloud, searching for identical files and allowing you to delete all the extra copies! Saving space and tidying up.
What makes this app completely different from other solutions?
DeDuplicate doesn't need to actually download all your files in order to compare them. So it's BLAZINGLY FAST!
How does it work:
1) You log into your account.
2) You choose which folder to scan (or the entire drive) and wait a short while! The time varies with the NUMBER of files, not their size. In our tests, 100.000 files take 3-4 minutes with a good internet connection.
3) You review a list of all the duplicates that have been found, optionally choosing which ones to ignore.
4) You confirm the operation!
- The operation is totally accurate because it doesn't compare the file name but the actual content (by hash, technically).
- EVERYTHING happens on your device, absolutely NO data about your files is shared with us! We actually don't like your personal data! Your personal data suck! :) The only part of the app that tracks some data are the ads... inevitably.
- Dark mode available.
This is just the first version! If you encounters an error, please be kind and contact us instead of leaving a bad review! It takes the same time! (that is obviously not true but... c'mon)
What's New in DeDuplicate 1.5.2 >
Minor bug fixes and improvements