strongSwan 2.0.2 APK for Android
Updated: October 17, 2018
strongSwan (org.strongswan.android): Official Android 4+ port of the popular strongSwan VPN solution.# FEATURES AND LIMITATIONS # * Uses the VpnService API featured by Android 4+. Devices by some manufacturers seem to lack support for this - strongSwan VPN Client won't work on these devices! * Uses ... Read More > or Download APK >
More about strongSwan
strongSwan Description: Official Android 4+ port of the popular strongSwan VPN solution.
# FEATURES AND LIMITATIONS #
* Uses the VpnService API featured by Android 4+. Devices by some manufacturers seem to lack support for this - strongSwan VPN Client won't work on these devices!
* Uses the IKEv2 key exchange protocol (IKEv1 is not supported)
* Uses IPsec for data traffic (L2TP is not supported)
* Full support for changed connectivity and mobility through MOBIKE (or reauthentication)
* Supports username/password EAP authentication (namely EAP-MSCHAPv2, EAP-MD5 and EAP-GTC) as well as RSA/ECDSA private key/certificate authentication to authenticate users, EAP-TLS with client certificates is also supported
* Combined RSA/ECDSA and EAP authentication is supported by using two authentication rounds as defined in RFC 4739
* VPN server certificates are verified against the CA certificates pre-installed or installed by the user on the system. The CA or server certificates used to authenticate the server can also be imported directly into the app.
* IKEv2 fragmentation is supported if the VPN server supports it (strongSwan does so since 5.2.1)
* Split-tunneling allows sending only certain traffic through the VPN and/or excluding specific traffic from it
* Per-app VPN allows limiting the VPN connection to specific apps, or exclude them from using it
* The IPsec implementation currently supports the AES-CBC, AES-GCM, ChaCha20/Poly1305 and SHA1/SHA2 algorithms
* Passwords are currently stored as cleartext in the database (only if stored with a profile)
Details and a changelog can be found on our wiki: https://wiki.strongswan.org/projects/strongswan/wiki/AndroidVPNClient
# EXAMPLE SERVER CONFIGURATION #
Example server configurations may be found on our wiki: https://wiki.strongswan.org/projects/strongswan/wiki/AndroidVPNClient#Server-Configuration
Please note that the host name (or IP address) configured with a VPN profile in the app *must be* contained in the server certificate as subjectAltName extension.
# FEEDBACK #
Please post bug reports and feature requests on our wiki: https://wiki.strongswan.org/projects/strongswan/issues
If you do so, please include information about your device (manufacturer, model, OS version etc.).
The log file written by the key exchange service can be sent directly from within the application.
What's New in strongSwan 2.0.2 >
- # 2.0.2 #
- Fixes potential DNS leaks on Android 9
- # 2.0.1 #
- Fixes an issue with commercial VPN providers
- # 2.0.0 #
- Support for Always-on VPN (Android 7+)
- Quick Settings tile to initiate/terminate the VPN (Android 7+)
- Automatic reconnect if fatal errors occur (e.g. authentication failures)
- Traffic is blocked while connecting/recovering from errors (Android 5+)
- Options to disable OCSP/CRL
- Option to enable strict revocation check via OCSP/CRL
strongSwan Specifications & Downloads >